Membership to MARS is open to all adults, families and children who are interested in the hobby and/or science of rockets. We are a family oriented club that encourages activities in all aspects of the hobby. Our members include people who have been flying rockets for less than a year and more than 40. We enjoy low power to high power rockets and everything in between. MARS is the club for you if you want to: re-live your childhood and fly those classic Estes models again, go big and fly M class monsters, learn about using the latest electronics for deployment and tracking and all while flying with a family friendly group!
Benefits of MARS membership include:
- Access to club launch weekends with no per-weekend flying fees.
- Fly with our equipment- pads to support rockets using 1/2A to M motors, centralized 32 pad electronic launch controller.
- Access to the experience and advice of fellow club members.
- Loaner motor hardware for high power certification or other flights.
- Opportunity to give back by helping with NYPOWER, one of the premier large regional events in the country.
- Membership card is a name badge to wear at every launch. Easy to meet everyone in the club!
- Holiday banquet and awards show, and of course the New Years Day launch!
MARS always strives to keep membership dues as low as possible. Your dues are used for the clubs costs to provide launches. Our largest expenses are providing comfort facilities and our donation to the National Warplane Museum in appreciation of being allowed to use the magnificent Geneseo field. Children always fly free at MARS launches. If you as a parent wish to fly your own rockets or you wish to attend regularly we ask you join as a family to help support our costs.
Membership classes and dues:
Low Power only (E or smaller): $20 per year- family membership
High Power (all impulse): $30 per year- includes low power family membership
Additional High Power family members: $10 per year.
Memberships run for the calendar year (Jan 1 – Dec 31)